Getting started in the world of self-employment and freelance work can so many doubts for anyone unfamiliar with accounting or business management. Beyond the ways to become a self-employed, you must follow quarterly VAT declarations and a Personal Income Tax, which will be filled in a different way from that of the employees, but before you even reach that point you have to make the first invoice as a freelance.
If you belong to the freelance world or are thinking about dedicating yourself to it, you have probably asked yourself this question more than once, do I have to register as a freelancer? There are many doubts about whether to register for self-employment and low income.
As you know, the invoice is the document that details the details of a business transaction. If you have not taken specific studies, you do not have to know how to make an invoice. The self-employed usually face their work, but also to the direct management of budgets, delivery notes, and of course, invoices. This way, you will not have to learn how to create invoices. So that you do not miss anything, then we tell you how to do it.
Your first bill - and the later ones, of course - must have a concrete form and, above all, collect a series of facts to be valid for legal and accounting purposes.
Here are some tips so you do your best while you are getting started as a freelancer:
1. If it is not a regular activity you will not need to be discharged. Do not confuse habitually with periodicity, it is only considered habitual when personal and direct work is the main productive activity that the worker performs.
2. If your income does not exceed the minimum wage, it will not be necessary. This point is key in knowing if you should sign up or not for the completion of your projects as a freelancer.
3. If your client requires / asks for an invoice, you will have to register to be able to check in. In this case no matter your income, nor your usual activity, the client can request this requirement to carry out the project, regardless of your situation.
4. Keep in mind that if you are collecting the unemployment benefit, you will not be able to make invoices without registering as a
5. You can make your work compatible with your freelance projects. You will be able to do this as long as you have not signed any exclusive agreement with your company. Here are the steps to follow in this case.
To avoid problems, there are platforms that will bill you for a commission of the project amount. This is an alternative for those who perform specific jobs or do not have a turnover enough to compensate them become self-employed.
Invoices are an obligation of the self-employed. If you have not done any, you will have to learn how to manage this tool, fundamental for the life of a freelance.